I’ve been consuming books like crazy to get ourselves ready for managing our super (and as a consequence of starting an Investment Partnership in late 2001 with Caroline and 13 other people now down to 12 in total).
- Do It Yourself Superannuation by Austin Donnelly and Barbara Smith (4th Edition)
- Guide To Self Managed Super Funds by Grant Abbott
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd
- A Wonderful Company At A Fair Price by Brian McNiven
- Borrowing To Invest by Noel Whittaker and Paul Resnik
- The Intelligent Investors Guide to Share Buying by Tim Hewat
- The Warren Buffett Way by Robert G Hagstrom
- The Warren Buffett Portfolio by Robert G Hagstrom
The Brian McNiven book is fantastic! He provides terrific insight into the real story behind company financial reports and when dividend payments make sense to shareholders and when they don’t. The Benjamin Graham stuff is great also. Security Analysis was written after the Depression but the comments about company and market behaviour describe the tech meltdown of 2000 just as perfectly.